Sunday, January 6, 2013

I love this, "OUR position is..."

Because listen, YOUR position isn't the only one that matters. This can involve a lot of things, not just [this blog] v. Life Storage.

Here are the FACTS, reiterated and recapped:
  • Life Storage, per its onsite personnel, Matt Clark whatever he is, later its District Manager (?) Deb Rogan and other customers KNEW it had a rodent problem that did not exist during management of SimplyStorage and claimed in February or March of 2011 it was aware, ISOLATING and  aggressively addressing and that rodents were "brought in by a new tenant who was being evicted immediately". She was not and it did not.
  • Fred Weaver, and The Other Employee,  as well as +Michelle Wight knew that the woman next to me was storing food, that there were increased sightings, as well as  insufficient extermination and did nothing for a number of weeks.  Other Employee also stated she had relayed the concerns about the problem to "corporate" and could SMELL the pests and their leavings while in the area  of the unit. See "That African Lady".
  • +Chris BARRY, after repeated phone calls from me to his office, offered one month's free rent, contingent upon my signing A RELEASE, through Jo Lemack. Of course, like a pussy, he refused to talk  to me and I of course refused this offer. This was, I believe May or June of 2011. This indicates HE knew  there was a problem, didn't care and wanted  to cover his rich-getting-richer ass.
  • I requested a unit move in May or June to avoid the problem that  indeed happened. life Storage refused, but then OFFERED in September,again via Jo Lemack "we've changed our mind" (WTF?).
  • So, we moved, October 1, 2011. Leading up to that everybody was so helpful, warm and fuzzy, "we'll do whatever we can to HELP!", says Michelle Wight. (Help?). Meetings,  bins, phone calls, LUNCH! Idiot Fred cutting off my lock and planting a banana. Comping the month of October. Whoo!
  •  I LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF BELONGINGS.
  •  I LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF BELONGINGS.
  •  I LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF BELONGINGS. MY KID NO LONGER HAS A BED.  OR HER DOLL COLLECTION.
  • It  took ten hours to move, there are photos and witnesses. Everything had to be cleaned and inspected. Each  box or bag opened, although some of their BOTTOMS fell out when lifted with shreds and debris (and baby mice) left.  I vomited twice through this ordeal. A live litter was found in a box of dishes. Several mice were observed throughout the process.  How much more blatant can this be?
  • So, I ask LifeStorage what they're going to do about this. Nothing. Upon which we both agreed it was best I vacate their facility.  But here's what they did do: I posted a factually correct accounting on YELP. They hit the fucking ROOF!, little hipsters they wannabe, and Michelle Wight ordered me LOCKED OUT, after begging me to delete it. With a ZERO balance, in the middle of the day and with my purse, money  and keys in the unit, stating I had no valid lease. This was October 16, TWO WEEKS after The Move. Other Employee  and I  discussed me executing another one--I was still under the once originally executed with SimplyStorage, which has a CLEAR SUCCESSOR CLAUSE (Later, LSC attorney Andrew Fuller TRIED to tell me this means THE NEW OWNER'S, LIFE STORAGE IN THIS CASE, OWN LEASE AUTOMATICALLY TAKES EFFECT. Seriously, dude? Just where did you take Contract Law?)--and we decided with two more weeks and no monies owed them, it was silly to.
TBC.....

No comments:

Post a Comment