Monday, August 20, 2012

Wasn't that silly? (or Why I stayed at that rat infested shit hole) REDUX

Perhaps some clarification is in order.
If anyone is actually viewing this, they may be seriously going, "WTF? Why the fuck did she stay in this literal shit hole? Why didn't she just move her stuff out?".

BECAUSE, like a fool, I TRUSTED LIFE STORAGE TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND TAKE CARE OF IT, LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE

Yes!

Wasn't that silly

I actually BELIEVED them when they told me they were putting forth maximum effort, blah blah blah, and that Jo (the "corporate" office lady ed: Jo Lemack), bellowing over the phone, in her slurred, drag queen voice, "WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN !!!!!!! ", WAS ACTUALLY TELLING THE TRUTH!

ME: "But I think I am seeing more"...

  "WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN !!!!!!! "

ME: "But my daughter saw TWO! It really upset her..."

 "WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN !!!!!!! "
 (AND, I SHIT YOU NOT,  "WELL, DON'T BRING HER THERE!". Seriously lady, are you fucking kidding me? Your mice ate MY KID'S UNDERWEAR. THIS IS NOT OKAY. THEY SHOULD NOT BE THERE.) 

ME: "But, I'm not really seeing traps or anything up by my unit..." 
(Upon which, some trap-feeder-contraption thing was moved from another place to right in front of it--not acquiring an additional one, in other words. Probably by that Idiot Fred, since it was done overnight. He denied this...)

 "WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN !!!!!!! "

Go. Fuck. Yourself. You lying bitch.  And drinking during the day is not a good practice.

SECONDLY:   Moving Is expensive. And a hassle. I was storing the stuff as I was downsized, subletting a studio,  from a 2 1/2 (no closet makes it a 1/2) bedroom apartment. I didn't need the stuff at the time, but I needed it ultimately. And, ya know, IT BELONGED TO ME. I wasn't sure of the time frame, and I didn't want to pay for movers twice. Like everyone else (except drug dealers, traders, and storage facility kings) I am affected by a crap economy. Under Life Storage's predecessor /successor SIMPLY STORAGE (see post below), I noticed not one single turd, nor zoo-like odor. In two years.

And again, I trusted a large operation to do the right thing, comply with the law (you are responsible for rodent control in your own property), or at least protect its own investment.  (Live. Learn. Lose. But that can go many ways)...

Wasn't that silly?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment