Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Found Today on the Interwebs II


Life Storage Centers of State St.

 http://www.yelp.com/biz/life-storage-centers-of-state-st-chicago

1/8/2012
Bait and Switch!   over and over

First, the signs outside that say 50% of storage are only for two months.  They sign you up at one rate then it doubles.  There was no mention of the price doubling after the bait period.
But heck,  that one any savvy person can figure out.

The REAL bait-and-switch was when I reserved a storage space on the first floor with drive in unloading and convince location.  I even have a copy of the agreement.
I even had someone go in before and have a look at where the unit would be.
First floor, off drive in docking.

But when I arrived with the movers the space was allocated in a completely different area.  Not on the first floor.  Not with drive in loading and the location was the furthest possible spot away from the loading dock.    I kid you not.
I actually gave directions to someone saying it was the furthest possible spot away from the loading dock.
But there was nothing I could do because the movers were there charging by the hour.

If that wasn't enough, I signed up for automatic pay.
But I kept getting Late Fees applied!
Even though They had my credit card number and they applied the charges.

Bait and switch #1  50% off
Bait and switch #2 changed locker AFTER I had someone check
Bait and Switch #3  Autopay incurring late charges.

The only positive review here starts with "life storage has revolutionized the industry"
It's a cut-n-paste from their website.  Obviously an internal post.

Lastly the place lacked adequate monitoring,  it had RATS and twice I came by with no one in the building but the doors left open.

WORST POSSIBLE!!!!!!!
stay away


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a few months old. Yes, it's my old buds, YELP, but I guess LifeStorage (Stephen Sandecki) hasn't bitched to them yet. Or, maybe they've MADE SO MUCH MONEY AND SCREWED SO MANY PEOPLE, THEY NO LONGER CARE. SO, KICK IT, RAT KINGS!

7/22/2011
This building still has its problems and so does the company.  Sha-Von and the staff I was able to meet with were nice and professional.  But I have to report that in the 5 months I had the storage unit, it did get infested with rodents and covered in droppings.  I lost two giant bags of clothes and my mattress to contamination.  I could have let this slide amicably if I didn't have to hunt down the district manager to file a complaint.  And the fact that it took 2 whole days to get this resolved, AND they resisted giving me any kind of discount on future months.  I had to fight with them every step of the way even after having my items damaged due to some hoarder storing food in an adjacent unit.  These reports of the company being better managed are hoaxes or paid reviewers.  This place is still a crap shoot.  Literally.  Because my stuff had mouse crap all over it.
Was this review …?
Comment from Stephen S. of Life Storage Centers of Rogers Park 9/6/2011  
We strive to provide the best service in self storage. Unfortunately we have no full control over what is being stored in the units. Since the incident we have taken actions and have hired professionals to remedy the situation. Please understand that this is not an overnight fix and we are doing everything to prevent these issues in the future.
Thank you for your feedback.
BULL. SHIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment